Friday, April 4, 2008

There should have been Camera's!

Do you remember the post I did about not knowing what Wedding Consultants do? Well the other day I had my first meeting with the photographer in question.
Let me tell you it was some meeting! I was actually a bit nervous, I don’t know why – I’ve been doing initial consultations with brides for more than 15 years, so I shouldn’t have been nervous at all. That quickly faded, and I just went into business mode...

So we’ll call the photographer Carol and she shows up with her assistant, we’ll call her Maria – and they are acting like the most in love couple I’ve ever seen. They shake my hand and we start talking about their wedding.

I always want to gain insight into my clients – I want to know about them and what their dreams are.

So here are the basics of Carol and Maria’s wedding:

  • Goth Themed Wedding
  • At a Cemetery near Forsyth Square- in Savannah
  • On Halloween
  • Budget $75K
  • 90 guests
  • 15 Bridesmaids, 15 Groomsmen - and 4 dogs in the wedding
  • Colors are Hippopotamus Grey, Black & White
  • Our inspiration is Sazzy, Goth, Sizzle Chic
  • Ultra Formal Goth - like Black Tie
  • Music is Jack Johnson and Marilyn Manson
  • Would like to use a Hearse as transportation

Their favorite foods include:

  • Sushi
  • Hot Dogs
  • Pizza
  • Peas
  • Anything TGI Fridays
  • Mac & Cheese Balls

And instead of cake.. no wait a black cake…no wait a HUGGGGE Tempura Fried Ice Cream – like HUGGGGE… like 5 feet across(so I politely suggested maybe a black cake with miniature tempura balls on the side of each plate)

I know it all sounds crazy and bizarre and I think that might be point of the whole thing... they wanted to test me under pressure, and it was fun and sometimes hard for all of us to keep a straight face.

I think Carol and Maria learned a lot about what I do, and I got a nice amount of insight from them as well!

But regardless it was my job to create their dream inspiration board for their dream wedding.


{click image to enlarge}


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your ability to stay calm under the bizarrest of circumstances was amazing! If my husband and I were to ever get married again, I would definitely add you to my wedding team! You're the best!!!

Darci said...

Ha ha, love that hippo!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
saundra, event engineer said...

me too! love the hippo gray! great board and a great challenge!

(i'm always nosey to see what did I miss with the deleted comment?)

*~ Jane & Tricia ~* said...

I love it! Great job!!

Blogging tips