Monday, October 27, 2008

Cake + Truffles = Heaven in my Mouth!!!

Okay, so most of you know that I love to cook and bake, and I love to cook and bake gourmet style, right?


Well, I do! And most of the things that I eat, I always think, aw shucks, I can do that! Or this would be so much better with a touch of this. Or why should I buy that when I can just make that...Basically, I am a food snob... I fully admit it.

But this time... I tried... and I tried, but I couldn't do it.

I've made delicious chocolate truffles, melt-in-your-mouth-amazing-truffles, and I've made some incredibly-moist-delicious-cakes, and I've even made Cake Truffles... and those were pretty darned good!

But when Kathy called me and told me she had a little something she wanted me to try and give her some feedback, of course I had to take her up on it... nothing she has ever made has been anything less than amazing.



I took a small golf ball sized piece of the most moist decadent cake enveloped in imported chocolates, and quite honestly didn’t know what to say. The bit of the first one I tried was chocolate cake with imported chocolate blanketing it. And I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

So then, the following week, she called and said she had made a coconut truffle and I had to try it. I waited this time until I got home. I sat down, very scientifically to try this creation (and then to look in the box and see 3 additional flavors… I thought that’s it… I am a in HEAVEN!)


I can’t even explain the deliciousness that hit my tongue – my tastebuds didn’t know what do to… there is no way to reinvent this, or remake this.

I called Kathy immediately and told her it was truly “Orgasmic” there was no other words, it was perfection.

Then, the Pumpkin Pie Kake Truffle… forget it, it was Pumpkin Pie Heaven in my mouth!

{there was also White Cake with Strawberry Filling, and Orange Dreamscile – all were amazing!!!}

Okay so now you are mad at me, because most of you aren't local and can't as easily get your hands on these... but the good news is that I am sure Kathy can ship them to you (right Kathy?) - and if you are local and you are dying to try them, get yourself to Dorn's Wine and Spirits next to my office.... and you can try them right then and there!
Gosh, I could go for a Coconut Kake Truffle right now.... Yummmmmmmmmmm!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Thanks for the kudos Melissa, we are really excited about our newest kreation!

said...

the packaging alone is amazing!

Blogging tips