Monday, October 6, 2008

Bake a Cake!

There is a new trend, brides attempting to make, design, bake their own wedding cakes. To me this is would be met with disasterous results!

However, I have always made a birthday cake for our bestest friends son, Harrison, you've seen his picture on this blog before. Well this weekend was Harrison's 4th birthday, and I took my task very seriously. It was the first time Harrison could really have some say in his cake. He wanted Bugs. Specific Bugs.

Harrison's Demands:
  • Rocks
  • Dirt
  • Ants
  • Dragonflies
  • Bee's
  • Lady Bugs
  • Sunflowers
  • Purple Flowers
  • Grass
  • Leaves
  • Worms
Phew! Was I in for it, or what!!! So I started a sketch, a 2 layer cake, and let him tell me what he wanted. And I drew it. This is my sketch.
I am not an artist.... promise!!!

6 comments:

*Michelle said...

Good luck!!
I think brides who make their own cakes are only sane if they are making simple "normal" cakes. Everyone else - yeesh!

Lucky Designs said...

Cute ideas and cute sketch.

Anonymous said...

As the Mom of the child with his list of demands for a bug cake, I have to say that Melissa's cake turned out fantastic! The compliments continue to come in from our friends and family about her cake. Thanks Melissa!!!!

Amanda B. Young said...

I can't wait to see it... and I can't believe you are holding us in suspense!

Anyway, have you ever had dirt cake? If not remind me to tell you about it for the next time you get a request like this!! And I still need your recipe for chicken goop!

Anonymous said...

I made my sister's wedding cake and it turned out fantastic! I designed it and made it from scratch. I would definitely say it was not a simple cake. I would have made my own wedding cake for my own wedding, but I was in charge of different tasks for my own and couldnt fit it in. I'd be happy to show a picture of it cause Im really proud of it :)

Anonymous said...

Where's the picture??? I'm dying to see it! I love your drawing and I'm sure the birthday boy loved the cake!
Kristy
Posh Pastry

Blogging tips