- Are you serving a plated meal with various selections for your guests to choose from?
- If so, you might steer clear of the seating chart, because you'll need to distinqish their selections some how to the servers or catering staff.
- Do you have limited seating, or the exact number of tables you'll need for your guests?
- If so, you'll need to consider some kind of table chart or seating cards, because you're guests will usually leave a seat or two open at their tables and that can't happen if you are limited.
- Are you only reserving a few tables for your guests?
- For instance, it's open seating, but you want to make sure your parents and grandparents sit closest to you - then you'll need to have a few reserved signs at those tables in advance.