Monday, January 5, 2009

Blog for Bucks!

It's time for a Challenge!! I'll put my money where my mouth is!

Let's Eat Cake! is less than 2 months away (it's a month and a half away) - if you check out our counter you'll see we've done a nice job so far of raising money!
fundraiser ideas

Free fundraiser
thermometer
for your
original fundraisers



But with the time crunch we are still $35,000 away from our goal!
It's now time for a challenge!

Here's the deal - if you blog about Let's Eat Cake! on your blog or website (before January 12th, 2009)  - MasterPiece Weddings will donate $1 for every site that mentions Let's Eat Cake! (and links to Let's Eat Cake's website) and our cause. In fact to make it easy for you, I'll even give you the text! You can copy and paste what I've written below, or write from your own heart.

  • Blog about Let's Eat Cake! {email me, or leave a comment with your blog address so we can verify}

  • MasterPiece Weddings will donate a dollar for every post on each blog

  • Do it before January 12th
We are officially at crunch time - please help us! I'd love another company to match my challenge, if you know of one, or you are one - email me at melissa {at} masterpieceweddings.net.

Here we goooooooooooooo:

Masterpiece Weddings, an event coordination agency founded by Melissa Margarita-DiStefano, is working really hard to put on an amazing fundraiser in February called Let’s Eat Cake! - which will benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital - an incredible organization that’s dedicated to treating children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases.

Let’s Eat Cake! is a wedding cake competition, featuring Wedding Cake confections from all over the United States. Bakers will feature their cakes to be judged by Local and National Culinary Celebrities. In addition bakers will be asked to make enough cake to feed the general public, so that they may judge the cakes as well!
 

Our Goal is to raise $50,000 for this extremely worthy cause, we know times are tough for everyone out there. But that doesn't mean that doesn't mean that kids still aren't getting sick. Please help spread the word about our goal, and our mission. If you can help financially, that'd be great, if you blogging about this right now.... your spreading the word - and that's all we can ask for!

Thank you!

So what are  you waiting for??? Blog about this today, and help me to donate a dollar!

23 comments:

Kristy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristy said...

Melissa,
I copied the amazing post by Unique Designs onto my blog. I am so excited about Let's Eat Cake! You are awesome!

Lucky Designs said...

I will definitely blog about Let's Eat Cake this week!

Professor Corrie said...

I'm on it...!

Anonymous said...

DONE!

http://www.allegrasblog.com/posts/studio-news/let-them-eat-cake-2/

Lemiga Events said...

My post will be up on my blog first thing in the morning!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cause! I blogged it forward at She Knows Parties

DomesticDivasFancy said...

Got it Posted! Your such a great person for doing this! God Bless You!

http://domesticdivasfancy.blogspot.com/2009/01/blog-for-good-cause.html

Kara Pennington Photography said...

Blog post is up! :)

Unknown said...

I blogged for the cause!

Anonymous said...

My post is up. You've done a wonderful job for this worthy cause.

Anonymous said...

The Post is up!.. I love the idea. Good Luck with Everything!

Butterfly Wishes LLC said...

Done! :)

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

I am happy to blog about this wonderful cause!

Nicole Scott-Tate said...

I just blogged it forward too!

Anonymous said...

You have my support!

ox,
Melanie

Lissete said...

Here's another one!

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

I mentioned your blog in my blog!! Yay!
http://bear-yexcitedbride.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I blogged about it here:
http://downsgang.blogspot.com/2009/01/lets-eat-cake.html

Photography by Linda said...

I posted on my blog today:
www.photographybylinda.blogspot.com
Best of luck to you!!!

PinkCakeBox said...

Hi Melissa - We posted about it at Pink Cake Box - thanks for doing this!

Cakes By Shara said...

Hi Cakes By Shara is blogging this event.

Rhonda Christensen said...

This is SWEET!!! I just added it to my blog! What a fantastic event!

Blogging tips