Monday, January 14, 2008

What I learned While In Houston



Don't you feel that you should learn something with every experience. Sometimes I feel that I know it all, although I know I don't. You just get stuck in a routine and feel that no matter what happens, you've been there and done that.

Not true.

Houston is amazing! And I did have one day (Thursday) sort of off, and got to see my best friend and her new baby! And that was super spectacular!!!




What I learned:

        • Downtown Houston is beautiful! There are plenty of places for amazing events in Houston! We were at the George R Brown convention center and you can have 32 events (or more) there simultaneously and not even see another human! And we had 5000 attendees! Did you know that Downtown Houston is mostly underground! I had the best $4 omelet, E.V.E.R!

        • Traffic in Houston Sucks! (with a capital S) It took us 2 hours to go 12 miles!!! Yeah, it stinks!

        • No matter how many people say that The Houston Marathon won't affect your event- don't believe them! Even though it didn't affect the event itself, even though the starting line was right outside the convention center- the traffic, the people and their families, the runners and their healthy eating, the people in the elevators, the Marti Gras running team and their screaming as I was getting ready for dinner! Yeah, it affected me, and effected me!

Oh and last but certainly not least.....

    • Everything is NOT bigger in Texas, sorry it's just not. Although the 5 story Macy's was incredible and a lot of fun. The size of most everything is just the same as it is in any other part of the world. Sorry Texas.

An event with 5,000 attendees just means more food, and more break out sessions...

Oh and Yes, we don't just do weddings!

No comments:

Blogging tips