Monday, July 21, 2008

Super Secret Project - Revealed!

I know it's almost anticlimactic but it's finally done! The Super Secret Project! I first have to thank Powers Photography, and Stewart Powers - for without him, this project would never have come to fruition! Frankly, it was his idea! Basically, Stewart followed me around and shadowed me at both a rehearsal and the wedding day. So now you can have a wedding consultants point of view at both! This was so exciting, and challenging for me, on many levels! First exciting because it was a new project for both of us -and it was SO much fun! Challenging on so many levels - as a consultant you train yourself to get out of the way of the photographer! To find the quickest route to get out of the photographers field, never be in a picture, be invisible, and all that stuff. I was so conflicted having Stewart there. DUCK! Oh, wait no, he's photographing me! MOVE! Wait no... I truly had to re-train myself. But incredibly fun to be documenting something in photographs that I don't know has been done before. So, without further ado, I bring you Amanda and Greg's Rehearsal in 10 Easy Steps!

12 comments:

Monica said...

Okay, you know what I'm going to say, right?

...I've totally been wanting to do something like this! REAL behind-the-scenes-of-a-wedding-day documentation. What made you choose this wedding?

I'm super-excited to see more!!

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

I have plans with a videographer to do this with me in the future. Seeing your video makes me more nervous :) AWESOME job, Melissa!

Monica said...

Aletha, I'd love to hear more about how that goes. I've been thinking about the difference between video and photography for something like this. Do let us know when you do it!

Amanda B. Young said...

Ahhh, I love it! And, the music you chose was great. This is such a fantastic idea and such an interesting perspective to show! Thanks so much for letting me be a part!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! This is great! I literally didn't know how much a coordinator did a rehearsal!!

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

celebrate! said...

I love love love it!!!!

Jackie Lee said...

Hi,
I was looking around on the net today and came across your site. I like it very much. I have a similar site and thought it might help us both out to swap blogroll links.

http://findcheapweddingdresses.com

Take a look at my site and let me know if you are interested. If you are send me an email with your url and the text you'd like used in the blog roll. I'll put your link up right away and then send you the text and url for my site.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS! Had a smile on my face the whole time I watched it---what a great idea! A photographer friend offered to do something similar with me at a wedding earlier this year but I was SO NERVOUS---maybe someday! I too, am used to hiding from the cameras! Thanks for the sneak peek!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing. Love your song choice too....

Anonymous said...

You are a genius! I love this!!!

ami @ elizabeth anne designs said...

what a fantastic idea!

Blogging tips