Wednesday, July 9, 2008

$1500 and Runs!

I was on my way home from work yesterday and I saw this truck, and a sign that said:

$1500 - Runs!

And it got me thinking, it's the same thing with wedding planning - you can pay $1500 for a "truck that runs" or a wedding consultant that isn't necessarily in running order maybe she doesn't knowt he ropes, hasn't been in business very long, has only planned one wedidng, namely her own - or just honestly doesn't know the business quite as well as another that might cost double, but RUNS... and I mean that in more ways than one!

I had a new bride come into my office the other day, and she said that it was the right time to get out of the contract she was in with another planner. Apparently that planner - left the company she was with and disappeared - like a magician!

That's not fair to the bride, - so make sure you know that the person you are working with is reputable, has a solid contract, and isn't going to leaving you hanging (or broken down on the side of the road!)

2 comments:

Kara Pennington Photography said...

amen! :)

Tom said...

I help run a wedding event venue in Birmingham and cannot agree more. We have worked with some of the best and....

NEVER NEVER NEVER go cheap on your photographs. They are the only thing from the wedding that you will still look at 30 years later. Also, if you can at all, hire a wedding planner. She/He will save you almost as much as the cost and your day will go much more smoothly!

Blogging tips