I found this blog yesterday and I love it!!! She has such great ideas! Orignally when I saw these little cupcakes I thought what a great idea for a bridal shower favor, or dessert bar, don't you think!
And then while pouring over her blog, I just had had to make the Oreo Truffles (at 11PM when I finally got home) for all of my friends and girls in the office - cuz I am just a great boss!
Enjoy Bakerella - here's the recipe she had posted for the Oreo Truffles - ask my husband, they totally rock!
1 package oreo cookies (divided… use cookie including the cream center)
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)white chocolate bark
1. Finely crush 7 cookies in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency. Reserve for later.
2. Crush remaining cookies and stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.
3. Roll the mixture into 1" balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
4. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry. You can sprinkle the tops with the 7 crushed cookies for decoration. (I usually eat mine before they make it to this stage.)
5. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!Makes about 36 truffles.Notes: I used a small cookie cutter to push the mixture through for the heart shaped truffles. Also, it helps to freeze the uncoated balls for a few minutes to keep the mixture from starting to fall apart in the melted chocolate. If this becomes a problem, dip them in the chocolate, let dry and then dip again. They are also good dipped in regular milk chocolate bark. And for an extra twist, use the mint oreo sandwich cookies.
Recipe amended from Kraft Food & Family Fall 2006.