Monday, February 11, 2008

Etiquette 101


So call me OCD, call me what you will. But when I am invited to someone's house for a dinner party, I attack the dining room table in a very indiscreet way - slowly and methodically placing the sliverware where it is supposed to be. And moving the glasses and bread plates to their proper position. I know it's wrong, I know I shouldn't do it, but I just want things done properly.

My husband thinks it's ridiculous. But I just have a thing for the proper placement of flatware and china.

I personally feel people just don't know, they were never educated in what breadplate to use or let alone where it was supposed to be. In Blueprint magazine recently they had a layout as to where things go.

And please for the love of all that is holy - don't put the napkin in a glass, it might look pretty. But it leaves lint behind, and the last thing you want in your wine is lint.

4 comments:

saundra, event engineer said...

you are SO funny. last week i had to set a mock wedding table just for display. i stared at it for many minutes....trying to figure out what i had done wrong...the glasses...wrong side. LOL!

oh and i learned as a child; fork is a 4 letter word and left is a 4 letter word.....forks go on the left!

Mrs. Designher said...

I'm soooo going to remember Saundra's bit of advice. Great post! Great blog! :) I'll be bookmarking this :) Thanks!

saundra, event engineer said...

haha..thank you thank you...etiquette training as a young lady... LOL.

black said...

bridal online shop bridal gowns wholesale wedding dresses high quality bridal gowns wholesale custom wedding dresses wedding apparel wedding dresses top sellers wedding dresses2010 new arrivals 2010 new arrivals wedding dresses beach wedding dresses Luxury Wedding Dresses plus size wedding dresses wedding party dresses bridesmaid dresses junior bridesmaid dresses flower girl dresses mother of bride dresses wedding shoes wedding bags wedding accessories evening dresses prom dresses cocktail dresses quinceanera dresses little black dresses

Blogging tips