During this time of year we all tie lots of bows! But do you know how to tie the perfect bow? At Papersource.com I found a great step by step on how to tie, just the perfect bow!
1. Measure ribbon by wrapping the ribbon around the box twice. It is helpful to use a sharp pair of scissors when trimming your edges. Make sure to leave enough ribbon so you can trim the edges again, if necessary, after your bow is tied.
2. Tighten the ribbon around the box and with your right hand pull the length of ribbon on the left over and under to create a single tie, as you would when tying your shoe.
3. Place your thumb on your left hand to hold the tightness and pull the ribbon length of the right side up to create a loop.
4. Pull the loop over to the right as you use your left hand to take the ribbon length around the loop.
5. Pull ribbon through and under. Then pull up to create a second loop over the first loop.
6. Pull the two loop ends to create a even bow.
7. Tighten the bow to your desired length.
8. To create even edges, take both ribbon lengths on left and right, pull together to measure them at the same place which ensures they will be cut at the same length, and then cut at any angle you please.