Friday, January 4, 2008

If it Sounds too Good to be True....

It probably is. As a bride it seems that you have allllll of these vendors vying for your attention and your business. (or at least they should be)And sometimes a vendor just seems too good to be true. Maybe they offer so much more than another did, or they offer unlimited this, or unlimited that... just remember the ole saying, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Recently, I met with a bride, it was her initial appointment with me, and she wanted my opinion on a vendor. We'll call him ABC Photography - and she wanted to know if I ever worked with him, and I hadn't. She wanted know if I ever heard of him, and I hadn't. Not his company or him.... to me these are red flags, I've been a wedding consultant for 14 years, I know most every vendor within 50 miles of my office.
She showed me what he was offering, and basically it was unlimited hours, a huge album, 2 photographers, 2 large canvas's for her wall, a mother's book, and several print packages, along with an engagement session for $1000. What a deal, right!
Wrong! This is a huge red flag - HUGE! She never even though to ask for references, and trusted that the images she was shown were his. Don't be afraid to ask! Get references, look at samples - and remember if it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, it's just probably, a duck.
I found out this week, he was arrested for fraud.

No comments:

Blogging tips