Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Flashback to the 70s!


The 70s when skirts got shorter and floral prints got bigger, what were we thinking! But then again, I am sure in 30 years our kids will be saying the same thing about us, "Mom, how did you let me wear THAT!" Goodness, I say that now! I looked back at my middle school year book for no apparent reason, and I don't know how I didn't spontaneously-combust with all that Aquanet in my hair! (but I digress)

Juliet caps were the in thing to wear as a headpiece. Women had longer sleeves on their dresses then the length on their skirts. Men started to look more like waiters, and less like pimps. People danced "the fever" - Good Times, Good Times!
I apologize I can't give photo credit to either of these, but I have a few things to point out. Check out the big shoulders and long sleeves, and the length of that skirt. And his "tie" or ruffle, super cool, no?

I love that they are cutting the top layer in the below picture (the cake could have just tipped right over), my parents did the same thing - I wonder why? And the flowers in the brides hair (or are those pins) I think they are just the start of what's to come!

Tomorrow, look for the 80's! Big hair, big flowers, big dresses! And break-dancing at a wedding... things that make you go hmmmmm....

2 comments:

Kara Pennington Photography said...

These are fun! My parents were married in the 70s and it's so much fun looking through their weddings pics - nice blue suit and ruffles, dad :)

Lucky Designs said...

Those dresses are something else! I can't wait for the 80s!

Blogging tips