Friday, November 30, 2007

It's Official!

There is so much to talk about! We had our Grand Opening, I checked something off my life list, and what exactly happened with the Change of Plans! So here weeeeeeee go!


First, thanks to Caroline Johnson for some fantastical images that really truly tell a beautiful story!


Let's start with Change of Plans - I had an image for what I wanted my centerpieces to be for our opening - Basically I wanted Wheat grass in a silver dish with a candle in the middle - but when I couldn't find Rye Grass or Wheat grass in anything smaller than a 100 pound bag, this prompted me to search high and low, and cross and circle the aisles of Home Depot for hours - until I found some little teeny tiny lettuces that were less than 1 inch tall, and decided lettuce centerpieces would be neat, and different. The final product, not exactly what I had in mind, but came out even more beautiful than I could image!


Grand Opening:

It was amazing! Here are some images that Caroline took that really just show off our new studio.

Our Front Door:


Caroline's beautiful work on our wall:

Our wall of Praise:

Little Favors from the Party, I plucked large springs of Rosemary from my garden and put my favorite recipe on the cards, along with a shout out to the vendors that helped make this part-ah a success:




The Chocolate Fountain:

Now my life list - I have always wanted to stick my face into a chocolate fountain - so I did - Caroline was nice enough to not show the pictures of me with my entire face into the stream of chocolate, but it just looks like I took a gentle sip.... Nahhhhh!

10 comments:

Lucky Designs said...

Melissa - Congratulations! It is so exciting to see pictures. The centerpieces are beautiful. Enjoy your weekend!

Kara Pennington Photography said...

Yay! Love the face in the chocolate fountain - so fun!

Jennifer said...

Just lovely! Everything looked gorgeous. I love your centerpieces and your rosemary favors are so creative!

Blue Orchid Designs said...

love the face in the chocolate - you are too funny! congrats on opening the new studio!

Terrica said...

Melissa, those are fantastic! Congratulations!!

Brittany Rollins said...

I'm so glad you finally have your studio put together! I know it's been a long time coming for you and I can't wait to see it. And since we had a few chocolate fountains at our wedding, I'm really glad to hear that was the first time your face was in one!

black said...

bridal online shop bridal gowns wholesale wedding dresses high quality bridal gowns wholesale custom wedding dresses wedding apparel wedding dresses top sellers wedding dresses2010 new arrivals 2010 new arrivals wedding dresses beach wedding dresses Luxury Wedding Dresses plus size wedding dresses wedding party dresses bridesmaid dresses junior bridesmaid dresses flower girl dresses mother of bride dresses wedding shoes wedding bags wedding accessories evening dresses prom dresses cocktail dresses quinceanera dresses little black dresses

Joe said...

Adrianna Papell prom dresses Alexia Designs prom dresses Alfred Angelo prom dresses Alyce Designs prom dresses Amelie Bridal prom dresses Antonio Castelli prom dresses Atelier Alyce prom dresses Bella Formals prom dresses BG Haute prom dresses Blondie Nites prom dresses Bonny prom dresses Cassandra Stone prom dresses Cire prom dresses Clarisse prom dresses Da Vinci prom dresses Envi prom dresses Enzoani prom dresses Faviana prom dresses Flash Prom prom dresses Forever Yours prom dresses Gigi prom dresses Hannah S prom dresses Impression prom dresses Interlude prom dresses Jessica McClintock prom dresses Johnathan Kayne prom dresses

Joe said...

Impression mother of bride dresses Zipper flower girl dresses 2010 New Styles prom dresses Jordan Fashions prom dresses Watters prom dresses Embroidery & Beading prom dresses Embroidery & Sequin prom dresses Lace prom dresses Rhinestone prom dresses Basque Waist prom dresses Drop Waist prom dresses Empire Waist prom dresses Natural Waist prom dresses Lace Up prom dresses Low Back prom dresses Zipper prom dresses Taffeta bridesmaid dresses

Joe said...

Pattis Bridal bridal gowns Private Label by G bridal gowns Pronovias bridal gowns Raylia Designs bridal gowns Romantic Bridals bridal gownsStrapless bridal gowns Straps bridal gowns Sweetheart bridal gowns V-Neck bridal gowns Short bridal gowns Knee Length bridal gowns Tea Length bridal gowns Ankle Length bridal gowns Floor Length bridal gowns Sweep Train bridal gowns JLM Couture bridesmaid dresses Jordan Fashions bridesmaid dresses Landa bridesmaid dresses Liz Fields bridesmaid dresses Mackenzie Michaels bridesmaid dresses Mia Solano bridesmaid dresses Mon Cheri bridesmaid dresses Moonlight bridesmaid dresses Mori Lee bridesmaid dresses Pretty Maids bridesmaid dresses

Blogging tips