...but what happens when you go from maid of honor to the maid of dishonor?!
|Via Joyous Cascade|
We at Masterpiece Weddings have witnessed a few Maid of Honor Faux Pas and we just really really reaaaaally don't want to see them happen again. Especially to you!
So we decided to create a list of what NOT to do as a Maid of Honor.
1. DON'T have a few too many glasses of Pino at the rehearsal and show up hungover and crabby on the day of the wedding. You'll be miserable and it will be a looooooong day. Plus, who knows how many people you told about "that one time when the bride and I skipped class and...." So limit yourself to two drinks. You can do it, I promise!
2. DON'T wait until the last minute to plan the bridal shower/bachelorette party. Find out what the bride actually wants to do early on so you can plan the best event possible with the budget you're working with. It will be way less stressful for you, we promise. Plus, if the bride wants her Bachelorette Party to be a quiet day of relaxation and mani/pedis and you plan for hot pink feather boas and a table at a nightclub...things may not go over well.
3. DON'T give an embarrassing speech. Please. Please please please. As hilarious as your wild college nights were or how you're glad the bride got over that awkward gothic phase..keep it to yourself. Even if you aren't the groom's biggest fan, on his wedding day (the day he's marrying your bestest girl ever)- he is the coolest, most wonderful guy in the room. And please, don't diss the bride and call her a spoiled brat, and remind the groom what a mess he has on his hands.
4. DON'T try and outshine the bride. This is her wedding day. Her. Wedding. Day.
5. DON'T commit and then back out last minute.
In all seriousness, Maid of Honor is named that way for a reason. It really is an honor to be chosen, so please...be the most fantastical, generous and awesometastic Maid of Honor we know you can be!