Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Mascara Project: NYC Hi Def

I was super excited about this Mascara, only becasue of all of the hype I've been hearing, and I didn't want to build it up in my head and then be all bummed if I hated it.

NYC Promises:

Volumizing & defining. Up to 70% lash lift & 10X volume. Immediate long lasting wide eye effect. Dual response technology lengthens lashes up to 60% and lifts lashes up to 70%. DuoPlay Complex with Panthenol & Vitamin E strengthens lashes and helps to keep them supple. Moisture resistant technology helps to keep lashes lifted. Flake-proof. Smudge-proof.


This is what it looks like in the store, notice the funky brush.


So, I think I like it. The brush totally took some time to get used to, it really doesn't have soft long bristles, so you have to get ubber close to your eye lashes. I am not sure that I would call it "high definition" but I did notice that it had nice staying power, at the end of a long 13 hour day, my lashes still looked great. My lipstick and eye shadow, notsomuch. Not a fan of how it photographed though.

It washed off with soap and water as well as tiny bit of towel action. It didn't clump or flake. I am sort of impressed, considering it's one of the cheapest mascara's I purchased. (Less than $5)


Left Eye is Nekked                                                       Right Eye, with NYC Hi Def


Cost: $4.99 Regularly (on Sale at Target $2.49)




1 comment:

Linda B. said...

I have a problem finding a good mascara too, so maybe I will try this one out since my current one is almost finished.

Blogging tips