Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I heart my Interns!


So this was Christina's first wedding with me - I asked her at the end of the night what she was most surprised about, and what she felt she learned the most. At the end of the conversation I asked her to write it down....

And she did!!! Good Girl Christina!! :)

I was surprised at what she felt her Top 5 things learned were... but then again, looking at it from a "virgin" point of view, it makes sense!

Without further ado, Blogosphere meet Christina!

Having been raised in New Orleans, a city where parties are standard for any occasion, I figured that working my first wedding would be a breeze. To my surprise, after a night of watching people dance, I was forced to recuperate for almost two days before feeling well enough to reflect on what I learned during Katie and Bradley’s wedding.

To be completely honest, the entire day was a whirlwind from the reception site set up, which ended up being a waiting game, to the last dance of the night. However I did learn a lot from listening, watching and doing, and here are my top five (in no particular order):

1. Every wedding planner needs a Mary Poppins’ carpetbag… by the end of the night, I was waiting for Melissa to pull out a coat rack from her “wedding bag.”

2. A wedding planner must be able to wear many hats. I watched Melissa have many transformations, including the organized businesswomen, the patient waiter, the comforter to the nervous and crying, and the dancing queen.

3. Never let anyone see you sweat, even if it is 120 degrees outside.

4. The job of networking never ends. Melissa was working every connection that the venue had; it was very impressive!

5. Just because you pass next to a candy bar, does not mean you have to eat a piece of candy! After cake, Rice Krispie treats and candy, I was in complete sugar shock. I had a large piece of pizza on the way home!

To be honest, the main thing I learned was that being a wedding consultant is not for everyone and is definitely not as easy as it seems! I know I have a lot more to learn, and I’m definitely glad to be learning from the best!

I think I'll post my version of her top 5 tomorrow!

2 comments:

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

Awesome--that is great she's learning from the best-what a lucky gal!

Anonymous said...

What a great post!! I'm sure she is learing from the best.. YOU ARE FABULOUS & i haven't even met you in person...

Blogging tips