Friday, November 30, 2007

It's Official!

There is so much to talk about! We had our Grand Opening, I checked something off my life list, and what exactly happened with the Change of Plans! So here weeeeeeee go!


First, thanks to Caroline Johnson for some fantastical images that really truly tell a beautiful story!


Let's start with Change of Plans - I had an image for what I wanted my centerpieces to be for our opening - Basically I wanted Wheat grass in a silver dish with a candle in the middle - but when I couldn't find Rye Grass or Wheat grass in anything smaller than a 100 pound bag, this prompted me to search high and low, and cross and circle the aisles of Home Depot for hours - until I found some little teeny tiny lettuces that were less than 1 inch tall, and decided lettuce centerpieces would be neat, and different. The final product, not exactly what I had in mind, but came out even more beautiful than I could image!


Grand Opening:

It was amazing! Here are some images that Caroline took that really just show off our new studio.

Our Front Door:


Caroline's beautiful work on our wall:

Our wall of Praise:

Little Favors from the Party, I plucked large springs of Rosemary from my garden and put my favorite recipe on the cards, along with a shout out to the vendors that helped make this part-ah a success:




The Chocolate Fountain:

Now my life list - I have always wanted to stick my face into a chocolate fountain - so I did - Caroline was nice enough to not show the pictures of me with my entire face into the stream of chocolate, but it just looks like I took a gentle sip.... Nahhhhh!

6 comments:

Lucky Designs said...

Melissa - Congratulations! It is so exciting to see pictures. The centerpieces are beautiful. Enjoy your weekend!

Kara Pennington Photography said...

Yay! Love the face in the chocolate fountain - so fun!

Jennifer said...

Just lovely! Everything looked gorgeous. I love your centerpieces and your rosemary favors are so creative!

Liene Stevens said...

love the face in the chocolate - you are too funny! congrats on opening the new studio!

Anonymous said...

Melissa, those are fantastic! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you finally have your studio put together! I know it's been a long time coming for you and I can't wait to see it. And since we had a few chocolate fountains at our wedding, I'm really glad to hear that was the first time your face was in one!

Blogging tips