Monday, December 10, 2012

Mascara Project: CoverGirl Lash Blast

Lash Blast by CoverGirl promises:

The biggest brush ever from CoverGirl, for a blast of lush, volumized lashes!
Lash Blast's volume-boosting formula and patent-pending brush are designed to max out each and every lash leaving you with the ultimate big lash look!

This is what it looks like in the store, a huge barrel of mascara


In all honesty, because that is what this whole project is about. One girl's mission to find the perfect Over the Counter (able to purchase in a drug store, not a mall or boutique) Mascara.

This was my Go-To Mascara before this project. And one day, I just thought my lashes were dead. Like there were just there and no oomph.

So... I wanted to include it in the Project, after I tried a few others. So I did. Again.

And here are my thoughts. The brush is HUGE, it really is ginormical, I think this mascara photographs well, because the picture makes my lashes look way longer and fuller than I thought they did in the mirror. And it did take longer than a minute to achieve this look. Normally, one minute per eye is as long as I am willing to devote to my morning routine.

It's a very dry mascara, and compared to some of the others that are wet and goopy, it's almost a nice change. But it's also dry and flakey at the end of the day. After I washed my face, I had large clumps that flaked off into my eye. That I was not a fan of.

Although, the mascara did wash off with soap and water and some towel action, that is always a bonus.

I like it, not sure I love it as much as I used to.

Left Eye, Completely Nekked                                                        Right: Cover Girl Lash Blast

 Cost: $8.99 (but can be found on sale often)

1 comment:

Barbara said...

This is my favorite mascara and makes my lashes the longest/thickest of any others I have tried. Glad to see it in the test. Barbara

Blogging tips