Thursday, April 23, 2009

Register Yourself!


I recieved an email the other day asking about registering for gifts- I was hoping to get my readers fantabulous input!

Let me know what you think, in the comments.

So... My cousin is getting married in a few weeks, the issues was that him and his fiance didn't register very many places (read: ONE) and they already live together so they have an entire house full of stuff already. And to top it off what was on the registry I wasn't in love with by any means.


So what's a family member (or generous friend) to do?! We're going in on a family gift so we are looking to spend more money then I would on a friend but... then what do I buy?! Yikes!

I suggested a TV (which my mom shot down) and a Kegerator (also shot down). Her argument was a TV would not last the life of their marriage - but other then ugly china you never use what does?



We have settled on a wine refriderator.
 
Now, it's your turn, what do you think, do you think that it's the couples way of asking for cash gifts? Or is it just harder as you get older and already have 2 houses full of stuff to register? Maybe it's that they want that "stuff" that she isn't in love with... You tell me!


Photo Source

6 comments:

Becky said...

When my long time friend gave two months notice that he was getting married and no info about any registry, I was stumped. He and his fiance already had set up 'home.' Three of us went in on a gift certificate good to 1000s of bed and breakfasts. They ended up using w/in the first few months. From the sounds of their meager registry it's definitely a sign that they are not interested in physical items as gifts.

Anonymous said...

i think its wanting cash over gifts especially if they already have a house full of stuff....but I like the go in on a gift together with family and get something nice - wine frig is cool and I would love that if I got that as a gift! :-)

Brittany @ The Rollins World said...

Just because she isn't wild about the stuff doesn't mean the cousin and fiance aren't. But if there's absolutely nothing she would buy and sign her name to in the "From" section, a gift with the family is a way to avoid cash, or she could get a gift card (somewhat like cash, but at least you have an idea of what they'll be buying).

*Michelle said...

From stalking lots of wedding blogs, I'd say they are probably asking for cash. I think a wine fridge is a great gift!!

Lucky R said...

I'm running into the same problem. Friends of ours are getting married in a week and I just checked their 1 registry. There are only 13 items, 2 out of stock, 3 out of our price range and 2 already purchased. I'm sure she wants the steak knives and cutting board but I'd like to get something more personal. I'm thinking maybe a nice bottle of wine, a gift certificate to a nice dinner and an offer to babysit. I'll be seeing how my fiance feels about that option tonight.

Sylvie Danison said...

I love these little white favor boxes! Other great wedding favor boxes can be found at Sunflower Favors. Happy planning :)

Blogging tips