Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Who isn’t trying to be budget conscience right now?
Get Married has teamed up with Celebrity event designer Colin Cowie to offer wedding tips and trends to the budget-savvy bride. Check out a few of Colin’s tips, and then check out Get Married’s site for more information on Colin’s advice and his show!
1. Dream big: Small ideas get small results, so put budget aside while envisioning your dream wedding, then figure out what you can afford.
2. Cut your coat according to the cloth: It’s better to do 5 things correctly than 10 things on the skinny.
3. Consider a destination wedding: Weddings can take place anywhere, so think beyond the exotic beach and think about a bed-and-breakfast or country inn.
4. Opt for a fantastic DJ: Instead of a big orchestra band, find a great DJ who can create great background music and just as easily keep the guests moving on the dance floor.
5. Invest in a trusted wedding planner: A professional is there to ease some of the pressure while bringing your vision to a reality.
6. Design a signature drink: Rather than serving an open bar, offer guests a specialty beverage that is as delicious as it is memorable.
7. Create monochromatic flower arrangements using one type of flower: When bundled en masse in short ceramic vases, whether roses or carnations, tulips or spider mums; these flowers are beautiful and impactful.