Thursday, March 27, 2008

Do the Bustle....


Why is it that the most common mishap is a broken bustle? Either the bustle doesn't stay up, or a button breaks off, or a guest steps on the back and it tears off.

Keep in mind the loop underneath the dress is NOT a bustle, this is just there to hang the dress on a hanger... it's not really there for you to hold the back of your dress all night. Sorry!

I know it happens to the best of us - I've found that the most likely candidate to stay up is a french bustle with double knots tied underneath- and trust me, I've seen all kinds of bustles, some with over 50 pin ups and sometimes up to 70 all numbered!

If a bustle does come down, I've found that diaper pins work best on keeping the dress pinned up. It's a must in my wedding bag!
And if you don't know what a bustle is or why it's used - a bustle is what you do to the back of the gown, so that it becomes a floor length gown, no matter how long that beautiful train is. You basically can pin up, pull under or hook around.

3 comments:

Darci said...

Such good advice, I was wondering which one stays up the best!

Tali ~ Solutions Bridal said...

Thank you for mentioning that the string on the back of a dress is to hang it, not bustle it! The bustle looks more elegant and you don't see the inside of the dress.

Great advice as always Melissa!

Love, Solutions Bridal.
Check out our new blog
www.thebridalcloset.blogspot.com

saundra, event engineer said...

so true and most of my brides don't do the french bustle!!! oy veh!

Blogging tips