Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Perfect Margarita!

So for those of you that don't know, my maiden name is Margarita, yup Melissa Margarita. I didn't realize how much fun being a "Margarita" was until college, when I was forced, kicking and screaming, of course, to create The Perfect Margarita. I aptly call it The Melissa Margarita Margarita.

And today being Valentines Day, I thought I'd share with you one of my favorite things, consider this my gift to you. My personal recipe for The Perfect Margarita, it can be made Frozen or on the rocks - and if you aren't a Margarita Mix kinda person, feel free to use lime juice and simple syrup.
Melissa Margarita Margarita

1 1/2 oz Your Favorite Gold Tequilla
1/2 oz premium Peach Schnapps
Rose's Green Demon Margarita Mix (fill the rest of the glass)

Rum the rim of a cocktail glass with lime juice, and dip in salt. Shake all ingredients with ice, strain into the glass, and serve.
To be made in a standard Margarita Glass for the quantities to work. (I prefer no salt, but some loooove it... so make it how you like... but enjoy!)


5 comments:

saundra, event engineer said...

hmmmmm...i love margaritas! but on the rocks! with good tequila!

is it too early to drink? {8:34am}

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I think I might just make one tonight! Thanks for the recipe :)

Kara Pennington Photography said...

This sounds delicious, Melissa! We'll definitely have to try it ;)

ami @ elizabeth anne designs said...

i'm going to have to try this - it looks amazing!

Blogging tips